Placenta Encapsulation? What's That?
Encapsulating the placenta prepares it for ingestion by converting it to a capsule, tincture, or salve. For centuries, consumption of the placenta has been a tradition across international cultures, prized for its benefits in aiding recovery and wellness after birth.
This service is performed in your home. The placenta never leaves your possession. I have completed extensive ProDoula training for this process, and complete an annual OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens certification.
Potential Benefits of Encapsulating Your Placenta:
- Balancing your natural hormones after birth
- Replenishing iron levels
- Encouraging milk production
- Increasing energy postpartum
- Reduce possible risks of perinatal mood disorders like depression and anxiety
- Decreasing the amount of postpartum bleeding
Please note that placenta encapsulation is not approved or regulated by the FDA. This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, or prescribe any condition.